- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
Balance is essential for any Wellness Policy.
Key areas include:
- Nutrition Education
- Physical activity
- Other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
SCH Wellness Committee Members
Sarah Ligon- Director of Health Services
Lea Bell, Physical Education Teacher ACC
Christine Clarahan - Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Donna Cooper, Administrative Asst. Human Resources
Marsha Frey, Asst. Principal
Barbara Gustin, Head Start Director
Kyla Hanson, Irving Parent/Volunteer PTA
Larry Hare -Director of Operations
Anna Jacobs - Insurance Coordinator
Becky Lively, SCH PTA President
Theresa Mince- Purdue Extension
Brien Nash, SCH Student
Mary Beth Nickolaou- Asst. Principal
Rebecca Tilton- Franciscan Alliance
PACE- Physically Active Company Employee Program
Hepatitis B- Resource Center
Blood Screening- SCH Health & Wellness screening
10,000 Steps- How many steps do you walk a day?
*** EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM ***
The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics- Eating Right: Home Food Safety, Food Allergies, Healthy Weight
Cooking with Kids- Find kids recipes that are easy, quick and cheap
PBS Parents- Cooking together can be a delicious learning experience for children and their parents.
Making it easier for Americans to understand and make better food choices.
Information for You
Whooping Cough & Tdap Vaccine- Get the Facts about the Vaccine
A Health Coach can help you set a personal health goal, create an action plan and recommend strategies.
There are over 500 topics to choose from, including: Asthma, Back pain, Depression, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Eating Healthy, Stress management, Cancer, Smoking, +100s more
American Cancer Society- Learn about cancer, its risk factors, prevention, treatment and more.
Aetna- Access your Aetna account, as well as health & wellness information.
Mayo- Health Information and Patient Care
CHC Wellness- Blood Screening and Wellness Services
WebMD- Better Information, Better Health
American Heart Association- Learn and Live. Getting Healthy. How they can help your Heart!
Local Community Health Links: